[Karlnet] CPE vendor list wich runs Karlnet s/w

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] CPE vendor list wich runs Karlnet s/w
From: Peter Bosgraaf <peter.bosgraaf@wiaf.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:45:43 +0100
Hi All,

I have been asked by my company to make a selection of good CPE candidates wich
we can use in the field.
We are a small wisp in The Netherlands with only indoor CPE's.

Because i am looking for a good price/quality factor i am currently comparing
all kind of CPE's
I came up with the idea to make a vendor list of indoor CPE equipment wich can
run Karlnet software.
Until this far i came up with the following vendors/units,

Vendor          Type            Spec
Proxim          RG-1000(AP-500?)
Proxim          RG-1100

Orinoco         AP-1000         These 3 are identical units to me, dont know
much about the h/w inside them tho.
Proxim          AP-1000
Avaya           AP-2

Linksys         WET11           prism2/prism2.5
Hawking Tech    WB320?

If anyone feels i left out a good CPE then feel free to contribute.
My ideal CPE would brige, have Agere/Orinoco type radio card and should be used
in home, but then again, i would also like to have a porche someday ;)

Any help would greatly be appriciated!

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Peter Bosgraaf          //      Wireless Internet Access Friesland
Tel: +31-627-070-596    //      http://www.wiaf.nl