Re: [Karlnet] Transfer Rates

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Transfer Rates
From: jna <jna@tcpbbs.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:00:33 -0500
Adjusting that with DrTCP the day I got my laptop, lol. I am using places
like bandwidth.com bandwidthplace.com and as a last resort dslreports.com
(Not to accurate under heavy load).

> But are you using a speed test like bos.speakeasy.net?  also win98 has a
> very low TCP Win, you'll need to adjust that before you'll see any more
> speeds.
>

> > See this is the part I dont understand. My home link with the ping
> fill
> > shows a connection to the towers ap1000 and registers around 1.5
> -1.8MB on
> > ping fill. Yes so according to the above this connection should only
> do
> > say
> > 750K + 750K but it DOESNT I can register on any bandwidth test around
> 1.2+
>

> most bandwidth tests show you 1 direction of throughput, so it makes
> sense if your getting around 700k,+ 700K then you'll get around 1.4Mbps

Thats on my laptop, which I am getting around 1.2 on the tests yet the ping
fill shows 3.8'ish same thing at home on my XP machine ping fill shows
around 1.4'ish and I get around 1.2 - That was my point.

John