RE: [Karlnet] RE: Moderate Bug in Configurator 5 related toNAT withDHCP

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] RE: Moderate Bug in Configurator 5 related toNAT withDHCP
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:54:03 -0600
Hi Ed,

The problem that we are having is a real world problem.  We first noticed this
problem after upgrading our network to v4.45 firmware.  Some of our customers
turn off their KN-100's when they are not home or turn them off overnight.
Because our IP address space is limited, when these customers that turn their
KN-100 back on, the KN-100 often recieves a different IP address from what it
had before it was switched off.  This shouldn't cause any problems.  Without my
"work-around" for this problem, the KN-100 will have 2 IP addresses.  The first
IP address is taken from the "Public IP Address" field in the NAT setup.  The
second IP address (the correct IP address) is recieved from the DHCP server.
Again, this is all detailed at:
https://carroll.pathcom.ca/serials/Configurator445_bug.html