Re: [Karlnet] Compact flash our only option?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Compact flash our only option?
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:52:57 -0700
Hi Andy,

I think you should confirm this with Terabeam. If so, it's a disaster, but I can hardly believe they'd discard such an effective system. Take away the low cost CPE...hmmm, that would be very bad indeed.

Norm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Henckel" <ahenckel@transaria.com>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 9:52 AM
Subject: [Karlnet] Compact flash our only option?

What are we going to do about TC CPE?

I am told that Karlnet/YDI/Terabeam group is discontinuing the KN-105 and KN-50 boards? We just invested alot of money into a Turbocell network.

They are changing the hardware platform, and jacking up the price?
Has anyone else heard this?
I am looking now at using the compact flash with different hardware for a cpe that will fill up the capacity on our network.

Just wondering what everyone else is going to do for low cost CPE.
I am told that Karlnet want's to compete with Aperto for a business solution. That's fine, not that I think it will compare anyway..... but what about all of us that use it as a residential product and need a lower cost solution?

Thanks,

Andy