[Karlnet] Bridge learn Issue

Subject: [Karlnet] Bridge learn Issue
From: martin@belairinternet.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:06:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Everyone,

I have a little problem that someone here might have a solution to ;)

I have a PtP TC bridge with 7 clients on the remote site, only 5 of these
need access over the link, but my problem is that the bridge learns the
mac addresses of the units that does not need access, on a random basis, i
might get the right macs in the bridge learning table, but after a while
they change and i loose connectivity to the once that do need access.

Since im using a 5 user license that is a problem.

I need to be able to control the entrys into the learning table.. Ive
tried mac filtering under bridging, but it seems the learning table comes
before mac filtering and therefore learns the wrong MAC addresses.

Any help i appriciated.

Martin Madsen
Bel AIr Internet

PS. The turbocell access list will not fix the problem since it only works
for TC clients.