Re: [Karlnet] Attention to the Karlnet Big Wigs

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Attention to the Karlnet Big Wigs
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:23:26 -0200
Hi

I have a similar issue. I bought a AP-500 with (old 4.02) KN (bin)
already in, and could not get the key file nor contact the original
owner. Terabeam support gently refers to sales ppl but they
never get in touch with me to help solving the issue

conclusion? don't buy second hand KN or you'll get in trouble :-(

Cheers
!3runo

Alex Phillips wrote:
Guys,
I am not sure what the hell is going on there but I have been trying to
get a simple Key upgrade now for about 3 weeks.
I bought my kn105 from CTI working with Liz Creekmore. This was a
refurb and so had a previously released key. I bought the unit and
purchased a single user key for a customer install. Turns out after I
installed I had other customers who wanted services off this unit. So I
requested a key upgrade like I have done in the past.
My request has turned into a hot potato in that, now no one at
Karlnet/YDI/Terabeam has authority to do such a thing. So, I am now posting on this list, that I am pretty much done with KN at
this point. I want to say that Ed and Reg have been great to work with
but I just cannot deal with this obvious act of destroying what used to
be a good reliable product.
I will continue to use KN but only used gear I can scavenge and only
until I have had time to phase out 4 networks that have KN.
I want to congratulate the management of Terabeam Wireless and YDI for
killing this product with such haste and determination. I will also add,
that I will NEVER EVER buy products from Terabeam Wireless /YDI ever
again.
Anyone who wishes to chime in at this time is welcome. Also, anyone who
has keyed RG's in good condition feel free to email me off list.
Maybe we should start a list called, "what to do now that karlnet sucks"
Peace out.
Alex Phillips Rural Broadband Network Services LLC
www.RBNS.net
www.HighSpeedLink.net
540-246-2788