Re: [Karlnet] RG-1100 power input

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] RG-1100 power input
From: "Steve Loomis" <loomiss@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:14:18 -0600
The input capacitor rated voltage is 16 volts DC.  If you stay below that,
you will be fine.  The regulator itself is good for up to 40 volts.  The
Apple Airport is almost the same as an RG and has a higher rated input
capacitor, I think around 25 volts DC.  If you replace the input cap on the
RG with a higher rated one, you will be limited by that.  I've had to
replace caps in Airports that go bad because of the heat generated due to
the closed design of the "flying saucer" case and can speak to that if
someone has questions, also part numbers for caps.

Steve Loomis
Vroomwireless Inc.