RE: [Karlnet] Using Karnet in a -48v enviroment

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Using Karnet in a -48v enviroment
From: "Mark McKibbin" <mark@team.dcsi.net.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:34:12 +1100
I had the same problem with some masthead amps so the answer is to
isolate the power to the KN205 with a DC-DC converter this means that
the telco stuff is at -48v, earth is 0V and the KN 205 is at +24v or
+48V (depending on the converter), just be careful not to get between
the -48v and the +48v it might just kill you.

Regards

Mark McKibbin
DCS Internet
64 Queen St