Re: [Karlnet] Terabeam-Hope and input

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Terabeam-Hope and input
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:01:22 -0500
I am likewise encouraged.

To us, the only thing we really need, aside from bug fixes, is an improved routing module. It would be nice to use subnets smaller than a class c on different interfaces on the same device...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dzevad Hadzic" <zex@zex.biz>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 7:54 PM

Well you mentioned karlnet routing and that are is probobly where we all
expect more from karlnet. Karlnet routing is absolutly simple once you got
into it but very soon you find it's limitations.
There si other approach that is also interesting, some people are using
Turbocell only as bridge and mikrotik as router.
Basicly that means that on every POP you must have mikrotik router.
Since the prices of mikrotik router are very afordable I dont think that is
bad idea. But I also dont like to have equipment from many difrent vendors.

Also I noticed that mikrotik is also developing it's own protocl with
polling and packet agregation wich in combination with mikrotik router OS
can be very dangerous product if it comes fast enough to the market and
before we see some improvments in turbocell routing.

But until we see some improvments in turbocell routing and bandwdith
shapping i'm afraid that using another router OS is our only option to give
custumers services that they want.

Oh btw I think that if terabeam want's to have open and healthy relations
with custumers then we need to see more similar moves to the direction where
last letter from terabeam CEO pointed us. It' was probobly best move that
terabeam made since karlnet-ydi merger. And not to mention new webs site
with alot's information about terabeam products.
Since we all in last few months hade litle good words about terabeam
support, products, web site, PR department and all other stuff I think that
they with their last moves deserve earn some credibilty.

Er, apologies for the short burst of gibberish in there re:
multihop....heck, if it's good enough for Pres. Bush... :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 2:29 PM

Here's a letter I sent today to Mr. Fitzgerald:

Hi Robert,

Appreciate your efforts to communicate with us Karlnet WISPs about the
future of Turbocell. I like your approach, but would like to share some
thoughts with you.

I've found the KN-50/Wincomm 19dB panel assembly to be a real competitive
advantage. If I could deploy a/g Karlnet CPE solutions in that price
range ($250-400), it would be an absolute home run. ....