NA-User

[na-user] Packet Problems

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Packet Problems
From: w4lc" <w4lc@fuse.net (w4lc)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:21:53 -0000
I need some help from the relectorees.

My NA (v10.45) no longer communicates with my TNC.   It used to work fine.
No longer.  However, it still communicates with my radio ok. I have a KAM
Plus on COM1 and a TS850 on COM2.

The settings still look ok:

COM1  4800 baud IRQ 4
COM2  4800 baud IRQ 3
Xcvr: Kenwood1
TNC Type:  Local

I have the TNC and radio selected in the equipment screen.  I also have
packet spots enabled.  However, the program does not receive ANY packets in
the packet screen.  It also will not send a command to the TNC.  The TNC is
working fine since I can send and receive packets with a couple of other
programs.

I have corresponded with K8CC.  He suggested a couple of things which I
tried, i.e. testing the comport by shorting pins 2 and 3, then typing a line
into the packet window.  This echoed back, indicating the comport and
program are working together ok.  Also checking the KAM to assure that the
baud rate is the same as NA is set for.  They both are set for 4800, so this
is ok.

Any ideas appreciated.

Jim                W4LC