NA-User

[NA-User] NA with MS-XP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] NA with MS-XP
From: k8cc@comcast.net (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:12:20 -0500
Hal,

My dad has a 1.2 GHz Celeron Gateway laptop with WinXP on it.  I had no
trouble making NA run on it in a most basic configuration - i.e., no
hardware I/O (CW keying, computerized radio, etc.).  I did not do anything
special, such as creating a MS-DOS startup tray.  I simply put the ZIP
archive into a folder and executed the ZIP to expand the NA files.  I
started the program by double-clicking on NA.EXE from Windows Explorer.  I
did only the most basic of testing (logged a few QSOs) but it seemed to
work OK.

We've had a WinXP report that when the CW keyer is enabled, the time-of-day
clock slowly loses time.  Shut off the keyer and the problem goes away.

I hope this info is useful.

Dave/K8CC