NA-User

[NA-User] NA with MS-XP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] NA with MS-XP
From: jnpotter@florida-wireless.com (Joseph Potter)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:25:30 -0500
Hal,

One of my biggest disappointments with XP was the inability to start in dos
as you could with 98. After much playing around I have found the best way to
get NA to work with even morse sounding 90 percent is to do the following.

1. Turn off virus software, screen savers, any programs which may be running
in the background.
2. Create a shortcut to NA.exe on the desktop.
3. Right click on the shortcut.
4. Click on properties.
5. Click on the "program" tab and on the line titled Run make sure it says
"maximized".
6. Click advanced and check the button marked "Compatible timer hardware
emulation".
7. Click ok and go to the "Compatibility" tab.
8. Check the button "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and
highlight Windows 98 or 95.
9. I also check the buttons to run in 256 colors and disable visual themes.
10. Click the screen tab and check "Full screen" under usage. The rest I
leave at default.

While not perfect this is the best setting I find to make using na passable
even for rig control and sending cw. This way until I get a partition
manager to create a dual boot system I can at least still use the program.
Perhaps there may be a few more refinements but this is the best
configuration I have found to date. I hope this helps.

73,

Joe KB4N