NA-User

[NA-User] 990/computer interface

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] 990/computer interface
From: k2ywe at yahoo.com (Dan Zeitlin)
Date: Fri May 16 01:28:25 2003
Here's another thought.
I built my own interface using a MAX-232 chip and a
couple of buffers.  The cable did not work at first
because the TTL levels coming out of or going into (I
don't remember which) the 990 were not reaching the
required TTL low threshold.  I fooled with the biasing
on the buffers and fixed the problem.  If you are
using a store-bought interface that expects compliant
TTL levels, then you may be having the same problem.

Did you try controlling the radio with one of the
simple CAT programs as I suggested earlier?

73,
Dan

=====
Dan Zeitlin