[Orion] CW QSK etc.

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] CW QSK etc.
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:58:42 EST
Bill,
1) I agree with you on the QSK ( lack of PTT) issue with ORION.
I don't go 20 -40 WPM and when I work CW I hate to have the radio come back
to RCV. between words. Good point about the potential problems with amps as
well.

2) Also it would be nice if the sweep ( and really all settings should come
back to where they were when the radio was turned off) would come on when
powered up. AND the sub RX mute too, Oh the way I get around that is to turn
the
Sub RX audio down to minimum instead of using mute.

In a previous e-mail to Gary at TT, I indicated a longer time at the 100%
setting would help the issue of QSK ( or Non-QSK) for me anyhow. It would make
it
more like the old VOX method we used in the older radios. I liked that. Not
everyone wants QSK.

I copied Gary on this e-mail also. Thanks for listening , Gary!

ENJOYING THE ORION ALL DAY TODAY ( I have a day off!)

73,
Lee, KC9CDT