Re: [Orion] New Orion II

To: "Orion Reflector" <Orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] New Orion II
From: "W0YG, Charlie Summers" <w0yg@myawai.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:31:04 -0000
I suspect the filter capability in the Orion II will be upgraded over the
Orion I or original Orion.  By this I mean the degradation with the currect
500Hz and 250Hz specs, in terms of DR, will be enhanced to what the original
Orion with the INRAD 600 filter gives us.

I must admit, I like what I hear about the Orion II.  Coming from an Icom
781 with a nice spectrum analyzer, and having a Icom 756 PRO III as a
backup, I really looked forward to the enhanced display features we are
going to apparently get.  For others, this may not be a big deal but it is
nice.

My initial reaction was the software in the Orion II was different but
perhaps there will be some compatability in this regard too.

In the meantime, hopefully another update to V1.372 will be forthcoming.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>