[Orion] HELP!!!!!!! Orion frozen, reset won't work!!

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] HELP!!!!!!! Orion frozen, reset won't work!!
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:47:59 -0500
Below is the message that I sent Scott Robbins at TT.  Does anyone
have any suggentions??

Dick,
N5XRD

Scott,

I have big trouble with my Orion.  Background:

I am running a Mac G5 with OS X 10.4.2 (Tiger).  I wanted to have a
Windows capablility, among other things to download your upgrades for
the Orion.  To this end I have Virtual PC for Mac, vers. 7.02,
running Windows XP home.  The communication is by Keyspan serial port
emulator.  The Mac works just fine and I can run PSK31 from the Mac
to the Orion and it communicates as it should.

After installing the VPS, I also installed N4PY control program for
the Orion.  I, finally, have it up and running as it should and it
communicates just fine with the Orion.

I have downloaded your latest upgrade and have tried to flash install
it to the Orion.  I have been getting "error encountered.
Communication with the radio has failed."

Ok,  I read an e-mail that said in the flash settings I should
uncheck  the box about error checking.  The next time that I tried t
o flash update the Orion (it was in the update mode), the program
froze on the Windows - and said that the "update program was not
responding"

PROBLEM:

I have had this happen with other programs trying to run on VPC and
the only way to remove them is stop the Windows program.  I had to do
it with the flash update.  I noticed that about 60 lines had
transferred before I had to shut everything down.

The Orion screen is blank.  I tried turning off the Orion and
starting it up again.  It is still blank.  I then have tried Master
reset and nothing happens, the screen is blank.  Orion will not load
and master reset will not occur.  I have tried to flash update again,
with the box checked and get the same error message.  I guess part of
the program was passed to the computer.

What, if anything can I do???    HELP!!!

Dick Hemingway
N5XRD