Re: [Orion] HELP!!!!!!! Orion frozen, reset won't work!!

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] HELP!!!!!!! Orion frozen, reset won't work!!
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:32:15 -0500
> The Orion screen is blank.  I tried turning off the Orion and
> starting it up again.  It is still blank.  I then have tried Master
> reset and nothing happens, the screen is blank.  Orion will not load
> and master reset will not occur.

Hmmm .. that sounds like a problem :-)

I guess what I would do next, is:

1.  assume the problem lies with the MAC and VPC, and the way Update
works (or doesn't) in that environment
2.  beg, borrow or steal a Windoze laptop with a serial port and install
Update and the firmware load on that
3.  reload the Orion from the Windoze system.

I had a similar problem (partial load, thhen failure, and a dead radio) a
long time ago when I first put up my USB/RS-232 converters.  Reloaded
the O from my laptop with a cable, and then went about solving the
problem with the other stuff.

Grant/NQ5T