[Orion] Orion upgrade - bought a laptop, same result.

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion upgrade - bought a laptop, same result.
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:50:20 -0500
I gave up on the Virtual PC for transferring with the Flash program
to the Orion.  I bought an Toshiba laptop with  Windows XP home.
Communicated with the Orion with Keyspan and SignaLink SL-1+

I had to run the flash transfer program with "stop on error"
unchecked.  It really zipped through the first 7270 lines in about
3-4 minutes and then slowed down and took two hours to do the rest .
When done the Orion didn't work, the screen was blank.

Ideas???   I have also e-mailed Paul Clinton at TT and will call him
tomorrow or the next day.

This is getting irritating to say the least!  And no expensive (
although eventually I will run some Windows ham programs on the
laptop and not the Mac)

Dick, N5XRD

Some ham weekend th is has been<gr>!!