Re: [Orion] Orion upgrade - bought a laptop, same result.

To: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion upgrade - bought a laptop, same result.
From: "mmclendon@directway.com" <mmclendon@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:02:07 -0400
Richard,

I have not had any luck using the KeySpan 4 port USB to Serial converter
to flash my Orion.  However, when I use the shack computer's built-in
serial port, I have only an occasional problem with failed downloads. I
know the Keyspan drivers are a little buggy, but there is some problems
with the flash loader as well (note the option for ignoring errors!).

If I find out what config to put the host PC in using WinXP, I'll share
it. There might be some software timing element w/ the loader that
causes  the dependency on hardware serial ports and perhaps CPU speed,
load and physical RAM available to the process.

Hmmmm....

Need some time to experiment. Have you tried some older flash versions
to see if there is a version dependency?

Mike,  KE4U