Re: [Orion] 1.372

To: "'Orion @contesting.com'" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Orion] 1.372
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:29:32 -0600
Somewhere, and I don't recall where, there is a writup on this or perhaps it
was just an email from Scott on the tentec list.

When NR is turned on, AGC THRESHOLD is reduced.  That is what accounts for
the apparent noise increase.  There is a reason for this that has something
to do with effective NR action.  Perhaps someone with more active neurons
than I have will recall the specifics.

The net is, it works that way because it's designed that way.

Grant/NQ5T