Re: [Orion] V2.059d Vs. v1.373b5 Noise Reduction Code + Myexperiences wi

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] V2.059d Vs. v1.373b5 Noise Reduction Code + Myexperiences with 1.373b5
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:54:33 -0400

> As far as "correlated Schotte noise" is concerned, I apparently did not
> correctly remember the spelling of Schott's name, and Schotte would seem
> to be another variation of the same German root, and that's the spelling
> that came to mind at the time.

I know a little about "shot noise".  That is noise caused by a current
of discrete charges.  Like buckshot falling on a glass surface.

Then there was Prof. Schottky
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_H._Schottky) whose name is now
associated with Schottky diode.  According to wikipedia, he discovered
the "Schrott effect". The word "Schrott" (= pellet) has nothing to do
with "Schottky".

So in English, it's shot noise, and the Schottky diode!

73 Martin AA6E