Propagation

RE: [Propagation] 5MHz Night time propagation question

To: "'a Propagation Reflector'" <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Propagation] 5MHz Night time propagation question
From: "David Ackrill" <dave.g0dja@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:09:39 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: propagation-bounces@contesting.com

>David et all,
>  The HF critical frequency could have stayed higher than 5 mhz and/or you
>may have been experiencing some sporadic E (Es) propagation.

Thanks for the suggestions Thomas,

Es seems a bit of a long shot, the signals were fairly consistent, and the
only reason I didn't log them past 23:00 was that I went to bed.  HI!

What would cause the critical frequency to stay over 5MHz well past the
normal closing of NVIS propagation, I wonder?  I don't remember anything
unusual in the reports which are sent out (thanks for them, by the way, very
interesting) that might have suggested that something unusual was going on.

Dave (G0DJA)

---