RFI

[RFI] Coffee Pot RFI!

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Coffee Pot RFI!
From: Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org (Hare,Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:34:49 -0400
Hi, Mike,

I bet the thermostat in the coffeepot was arcing over. It could be
defective, or just a shoddy design.

Can you make a recording of the resultant noise and send it to me?  I am
collecting RFI sounds that are associated with specific problems.  I would
like about 30 seconds of recording in both SSB (2.5 kHz) and AM modes (about
6 kHz bandwidth).  As soon as I have a few more, I will start a "sounds of
RFI page" on the ARRL website.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab