RFI

[RFI] No Complaints, No Problem!

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] No Complaints, No Problem!
From: eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:41:53 -0500
Cortland's got a point, but...

I filed a complaint 10 years ago with the EIA and another mfr assoc.,
but the FCC told me they weren't interested and no longer handle TVI
complaints (either to or from!).  I think the FCC already knows there's
a problem but they don't feel they have the teeth necessary to enforce
part 15 compliance or any other EMI problems.  Besides, it was my own
part 15 device so the solution according to the rules is to stop using
it!  Sony told me they never get complaints of this nature, and they
probably really do but only one or two a year doesn't even make a
percentage.  So it's never on the radar.  So be sure to complain to
everyone, and tell them you've heard about numerous compaints on this
list if they try the "this is the first we've heared about this"
routine.  They want you to feel like it's just you so you'll go away
quietly.

73,
 de ed -K0iL