RFI

[RFI] No Complaints, No Problem!

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] No Complaints, No Problem!
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:28:53 -0700
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:54:57 -0700, Cortland Richmond wrote:

>My point is not that we will get ACTION (we might). My point is that with a
>database of complaints, the FCC has at least a substantiated problem its
>regulations can address.  Without such a database, the FCC must act as if
>there were no problem.

Is anyone else worried about what the FCC "action" might be?
Having dealt with bureaucrats for many years, I'm expecting them
to take the path of least resistance and fix the TVI problem by
limiting the maximum power permitted to amateurs.  Dropping the
limit to somewhere around 50-100 watts would cure nearly all TVI
complaints.  Shudder.

Bill, W7TI