RFI

No More Nice Guy? (was RE: [RFI] BPL video FAQs)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: No More Nice Guy? (was RE: [RFI] BPL video FAQs)
From: ka5s at earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Sat Aug 9 13:21:21 2003
Stephanie (and list members),

One of the arguments made by BPL proponents is that they have received no
complaints.

Considering the 20 August cut-off for Reply comments, if harmful
interference is shown to be BPL related I think we hams need to take note
of it in our Replies, as well as *filing formal complaints to the FCC* in
parallel with complaints to perpetrators.

We have in the past accommodated a lot of interference because we could
work around it. Perhaps it is also time to stop doing that. BPL proponents
and others who would put RF on power wiring seem to assume that compliance
with Part 15 is good enough (though more than a few want even that
relaxed); we know it is not. The Commission, with few of our complaints in
its files, has little data to back up our assertion. I expect it will get
some, now.

Cortland