RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL

To: <ka5s@earthlink.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:04:58 -0400
> It COULD be useful to observe and report to the conferees -- if that were
> even possible (hah!) -- interference to reception of stations such as WWV
> and coastal and marine stations.  Such an immediate and public
> demonstration that BPL causes harmful interference (and to a US government

Not that what we are doing isn't good, but it lacks a direct connection to
the safety of people.

I've been trying to promote or encourage demonstrations and complaints
involving other services. The FIRST thing we should do is tune in the
FAA/Airline frequencies, marine bands, WWV, SWBC, and then Amateur radio.

The most compelling thing to a reporter or anyone else would be to say "see,
here is an airliner with a few hundred people aboard" and then drive near
the BPL and say "boy, I hope he doesn't call for help with BPL all over the
USA".

IMO, that would be more firmly etched in the mind of observers than losing
the signal of W7EL/QRP on 40 meters.

73 Tom