RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity?

To: <CliffHazen@aol.com>, <serazin@pacbell.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity?
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 22:29:53 -0700
From: <CliffHazen@aol.com>

W4EF@dellroy.com
> writes:
> I guess its safe to assume you won't be attending the protest, Berry :):)
>
> Mike, W4EF.................
> Why bother, BPL is a done deal as far as the FCC, Powell and George Bush
are
> concerned.
>
> Cliff N7HIY

Cliff, you should take a look at the ARRL's BPL comments
that posted today on the FCC's ECFS webpage today.
They really take the commissioners to task (especially
Jonathan Adelstein) for their lack of impartiality in the BPL
proceedings. Not that it will change anything, but a least
someone is out there doing there best to balance out the
obscene "love fest" that the commissioners (with the
exception of Michael Copps) seem to be having with
the BPL industry. It really irks me when I read yet another
sermon from Commissioner Adelstein complaining about
"unsupported claims" of BPL interference. This is almost
laughable when you see the commission quoting BPL
gobbledygook in their NPRM as if it were scientific fact, when
in reality the BPL proponents preaching this garbage never
presented any sort of measurements, analysis, or facts to
back up their ridiculous assertions (talk about unsupported
claims). They basically just said, "this is the way it is".
Why? ..uhhhhh.... "because we said so". The "amateur"
community (and in particular the ARRL), on the other hand,
presents all kinds of detailed and careful analysis which are
independently confirmed by the NTIA, a private engineering
consulting firm, and numerous other independent
measurements, and Adelstein just responds  - "unsupported
claims".  The only words I can think of to describe
him are not appropriate in a family setting :)