RFI

Re: [RFI] Samsung CRT Computer Monitor

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Samsung CRT Computer Monitor
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 21:07:46 -0700
For what it may be worth, I had bad RFI from the used Sony 15 inch monitor
I got when I moved in here in Redmond; replacing it with a NEC 1515 TFT LCD
made a WORLD of difference. As has been noted, one must run an LCD monitor
in its native mode for best results. For the NEC 1515 that's 1024X768,
which works well.  An NEC 1715 (17 inch) would have run 1280X1024. Both
have 400:1 contrast ratios.

An LCD screen has somewhat more viewable area than a CRT of  the same
diagonal measurement due to being usable all the way to the edge.

Cortland

Samsung CRT