RFI

Re: [RFI] Computer Monitor RFI

To: BobK8IA@aol.com, kd4e@arrl.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Computer Monitor RFI
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 21:40:12 -0400
At 09:34 PM 5/7/2004, BobK8IA@aol.com wrote:
I am guessing that there are other specs that one needs as
> a good reference -- suggestions re. those are welcomed.
>
> The reviews I have read refer to "gamers" as needing really
> high-end features but I am thinking more of a middle ground
> quality between the "gamers" LCD and the "value" specs of
> the lower end LCD displays.

I have had two -- one a MAG and my current generic Liquid Video (sold by Circuit City). Bith have been RF quiet but the MAG had a bit better video quality. The Liquid Video really has to be run at 1024 x 768 to get good crisp text display, but looks fine then. This may result in type too small for some folks, in some programs, but I've gotten used to it.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004
2706 contest stations at