RFI

RE: [RFI] Computer monitor RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] Computer monitor RFI
From: Berry W6EZ <serazin@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 17:33:10 -0700
If you have another computer, try the monitor on it before you make the conclusion that it is the monitor,
I could very well be the video card. If the video is built into the motherboard it could still be that.

W6EZ

The Sony 15" monitor connected to the computer I am using with my rig generates an enormous amount of RFI: S9 signals at intervals on 20m and up, the intervals depending on the screen resolution I set. The interference stops if I turn off the monitor or when it blanks after the set timeout interval.

The video cable has its own integral RFI filter, and I have tried adding a choke to the power cord and an additional one to the video cable, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Alan AB2OS