RFI

Re: [RFI] Pin Arcing

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Pin Arcing
From: Alan AB2OS <ab2os@att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:13:04 -0400
I have read warnings not to do any Precison (or other) Sledgehammering anywhere at any time: what happens if the HV line comes down and you happen to be in its way?

Alan AB2OS

On 07/19/04 12:05 pm Ward Silver put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Pin arcing is a sharp buzzing noise. It breaks up when the pole is tapped

or shaken, and is a dry weather problem.

I have found that poles with this problem respond well to a tune-up session
using a Precision Sledgehammer.  The test instrument can be as simple as a
battery-powered AM receiver.  Banging on poles is not recommended in urban
areas or late at night anywhere :-)