RFI

Re: [RFI] Pin Arcing

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Pin Arcing
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:34:30 -0500
On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:05:05AM -0700, Ward Silver wrote:
> If you do find a bad pole and need to report it to the power company, you
> can make it a lot easier for them by noting any identifying numbers on the
> poles.

This made a big difference with Nashville Electric Service.
When I was able to give them a specific pole number (8 digits
here) there was usually a truck out the next day to look at it.
It also helped to stand out there with my sniffer to demonstrate
exactly when they "hit the spot" with their hot stick probe.
And yes, I used a small hend held sledge to verify that I had
found the correct pole before calling them in the first place.

-Kirk  K4RO   (For Wardster: Nine pound hammer, just a little too heavy...)