RFI

Re: [RFI] Pin Arcing

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Pin Arcing
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:24:21 -0700
Relax, folks - I'm not talking about knocking the pole down or making like
John Henry with a 9-pound hammer.  I'm talking about making it vibrate a
little bit with a hand-held mallet to see if the noise is affected.
Sometimes all it takes is a good swift kick with a steel-toed boot.

Use your noodle and don't try to beat the pole into submission. It is highly
unlikely that any kind of love-tap on a pole is going to cause a dramatic
collapse of the pole hardware.  If it was in that state, it would have
already failed.

If you can positively identify it with an AM receiver in non-contact mode,
so much the better.

73, Ward N0AX