RFI

Re: [RFI] Why we badly need "party line" materials for all hams

To: dave.bernstein@comcast.net, dennisberry@worldnet.att.net,rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Why we badly need "party line" materials for all hams
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:02:40 EDT
I don't find this thread tiresome at all.  It is exactly the kind of  dialog
that needs to happen.
Dave is right, we need to bridge the gap between the excellent technical
work Ed has done and the techknownothings in the media.  Ed is right that
resources are limited and he is not tasked with preparing such materials.

They are both right but there is a large chasm between them and it is up to
ARRL to fill that void.  Otherwise, hams are unprepared for media attention
and those who do get interviewed sound like a bunch of old pharts whining about
 the loss of their hobby.

I found Dave's analysis of the article brilliant.

Radio  k4ia
"Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia  USA