RFI

Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source

To: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source
From: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:57:47 -0700
Kelly,
I had a noise like that in the neighborhood but it could not have been an
electric fence since this is not farm land. It turned out to be a device
that pulsed the ground around a neighbor's house and its sole purpose was
to make an "electric barrier" to termites so they would not invade the
house. My interference was on 160 metersand driving me nuts. Turned out
after crusing the neighborhood it was a large box inside this guy's garage
with huge insulators on it. We told him he was transmitting spurious
emissions and interfering with us. He admitted that he could not hear AM
radio anymore and that his TV was also fuzzy since he put this thing in.
So we put the hot wire on the other insulator and the interference went
away. He was happy and so were we.
I have never seen a device like this and don't know if it has any validity
against termites. If someone can shed some light on this please do so. I
have never heard the pulsing noise since.
73 Hardy N7RT