RFI

Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
We currently have an intermittent problem with an electric fence.
However, it is high up and doesn't seem to have
weeds growing on it.  Can there be a problem if
there is a poor splice in the wire such that the
high voltage has to punch through the oxide?
It seems to be noisy in the day time and quiet
at night, and is bursty in nature.  It doesn't
pulse at 1 Hz, instead it is on continuously.

Rick N6RK