RFI

Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, "'Kelly Johnson'" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:17:55 -0500
Kelly:

You didn't say whether or not you walked the neighborhood at the
same time you could hear the signal using your beam.  I assume
you did, which raises a question ....

If you heard it with your regular radio and beam, but not with
the little radio and whip, then are you sure the signal is coming
from your neighborhood?

I once had a similar type noise and had to drive around all over
the place before pinpointing it about 3 miles away from my house.
I would suggest that you go out in your car, with radio and whip
at a time the interfering signal is active, and head out of the
neighborhood and in the general direction indicated by your beam.
Keep in mind that the beam indication may not be perfect.  Be
prepared to go a few miles in various directions.

I think you will find it further away than you are currently
thinking about.