RFI

Re: [RFI] Query RFI

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Query RFI
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:44:30 -0500
> Having a "smart house" with wiring for communications, TV, Internet, and
> security is nice, but each item brigs with it RFI risks which may or may not
> materialize.  WiFi, 2.4 Gig cordless phones, and wireless TV cameras are not
> usually a good mix, but again they can be worked around with some planning.
> Roger Halstead (K8RI and ARRL 40 year Life Member)

We had this house wired for security and intercom and
I am sorry that we did.  They coupled together in the
walls and raise all sorts of RFI racket -- of course
the Intercom and Alarm companies point the finger at
one another.  :-(

We will do things differently in the new house.

I knew better than to allow dimmers and under-counter
sliding-rail lights and got rid of the giant utility
company flood light out on a power pole.

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E