RFI

Re: [RFI] wireless power at 6.4 MHz?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] wireless power at 6.4 MHz?
From: Martin AA6E <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:25:37 -0500
All true, except in the case of evanescent waves, which are
exponentially attenuated, as in the case of the external waves
seen when you have "total internal reflection" in optics, or
more familiar to hams, a waveguide beyond cutoff.  Mathematically,
you have an imaginary wavelength (wavenumber), IIRC.

I did some Googling and found the MIT paper by Soljacic here:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0611063

Beware - math & physics.  The trick is to get slow enough
exponential attenuation.  To answer my original question,
it seems that 6.4 MHz is the frequency for optimal power
transfer, given some particular geometry, i.e. a typical
room size, etc.

The authors seem to be theoreticians -- their claims really
beg for a little bench work!

73 Martin AA6E