RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Frustration

To: "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@WA5ZNU.org>, Jim P <jvpoll@dallas.net>, RFI Reflector <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Frustration
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:05:51 -0500
I may give this a try tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.

> I used a TH-F6A with a short SMA-BNC cable, then a Pomona BNC->Banana
jack and a loop of wire about 6 inches in diameter taped to a piece of
cardboard to hold its shape.  This gave me truly excellent nulls off the
end on 5Mhz and up. Bbroadside to the loop was OK but not as precise.
This is how I located the part of the house that had the noise...it was
the power line conduit, which then led me inside (with invitationm
hihi).

Leigh/WA5ZNU

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 6:46 pm, Jim Idelson wrote:
> I took my Kenwood TH-F6A out for a walk today with the ferrite loop
> antenna
> activated.  That radio didn't hear much with the internal antenna. I
> can't tell
> if I'm getting close to anything with that setup. There's got to be a
> better

<

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com