RFI

[RFI] Microwave RFI - radiated (?)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Microwave RFI - radiated (?)
From: "Donald Kerns" <dkerns@cruzio.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:11:56 -0700
Hello all,

The band scope on my IC-756ProII lights up with about 15-20 dB of noise (not
to mention killing any QSO) anytime the microwave oven in my kitchen runs.
This is most evident on 40m, haven't really checked on the other bands yet.

They are at two opposite sides of the house with at least 50' separating them.

I've tried 4 turns of the appliance cord around one of "Doctor Brown's Magic
Toroids" to no avail (That's all that easily fit).

Time to earn some XYL points with a new microwave?

73 de Donald
AE6RF