RFI

Re: [RFI] CFLs and LEDs

To: rfi@contesting.com, "tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net" <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFLs and LEDs
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:16:32 -0500
I am guessing ... postulating ... that if someone conducted a scientific
test they may discover that the environment is a significant factor in
the life of a CFL.

Looking at the stability of the power system, moisture, temperature,
dust, vibration, proximity of magnetized materials, proximity of strong
RF fields, etc.

Between the actual bulb and the power supply there are a number
of potential vulnerabilities which need to be addressed.

This could also impact the aging effect vis-a-vis increasing RFI.

WDYT?

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html