RFI

Re: [RFI] TVI filters

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TVI filters
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:08:09 -0400
> Interesting, since the Comcast techs up here regularly replace proper
> F-connector cables, with the non-threaded push-on variety to make it
> easier,
> at least for the cable box to TV connection (jumper cable).  Of course
> that
> connection doesn't carry the wideband signal, it's only one channel, so
> the
> problem is probably less severe.

That's an unauthorized company procedure for any RF connection -- even for a
set-top-box to television set connection.

At times, cable technical services are outsourced to a contractor who run
out of material and make do with anything they can.  I have never seen a
push-on connector used by CATV employee, nor contractor -- not to say it
cannot happen, but if it does, report it to the cable company.

Paul, W9AC