RFI

Re: [RFI] TVI filters

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TVI filters
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:15:20 -0400
On Jun 29, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Paul Christensen wrote:

> As a former Director of Engineering for Comcast, the most prevalent
> form of
> ingress occurs through loose F-connectors, most of which are properly
> crimped.  That, followed by improperly-crimped connectors as Jim
> point out.
> Even the slightest amout of a loosening of an F-connector will allow
> ingress.  Nearly every cable technician keeps a 7/16" open wrench in
> his or
> her back-pocket.  It gets grabbed in the morning as s/he dresses.<g>

Wow, you guys too? In the mid 70's I worked for C-Cor in the field,
and I did the 7/16th thing too. Our amplifier cases used 7/16th inch
bolts as well as the F connector tightening issue. I had one tied to
my wrist, and I had a tweak on a chain around my neck. When you climb
a gazillion poles a day (by yourself) , you don't like to drop those
things.

-73 de Mike N3LI -