RFI

Re: [RFI] TVI filters

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] TVI filters
From: "Andy" <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:25:44 -0400
> set-top-box to television set connection.
>
> At times, cable technical services are outsourced to a contractor who run
> out of material and make do with anything they can.  I have never seen a
> push-on connector used by CATV employee, nor contractor -- not to say it
> cannot happen, but if it does, report it to the cable company.

This was a few years ago.  The tech removed the cable with the screw-on
connectors and handed us the one with the push-on connectors, saying they
were giving them to all the customers.  It was an intentional change.  There
was no reason to replace that cable, except to give us one with push-on
connectors.

I can't say for sure if he was a contractor, though he did drive a Comcast
(or Cablevision if this happened before the name change) truck and had their
logo on his name badge (i.e., if he worked for another company, there was
nothing to give it away).

Based on my experiences calling the cable company back then, they would have
been pretty clueless to the whole thing and would have said that whatever
their techs did, was the right thing to do.

Andy