RFI

Re: [RFI] hdtv recommendations

To: "Rfi" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] hdtv recommendations
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:20:03 -0800
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:07:12 +0000, K1TTT wrote:

> Any suggestions?

I have seen MANY positive recommendations on this list for LCD TVs,
most notably Sony XBR and the major Korean brands. Most plasmas are
well known to be RFI generators, and suck more watts. I'm very
happy with the XBR6 I bought a year ago. Their newer (and more
expensive) XBR8 employs new backlight technology that is said to
improve brightness and contrast. If I were you, I'd study Consumer
Reports for their recommendations and go for those with the best
performance and reliability within those brands. Also, go on the
high side of screen size -- because the image is so much sharper,
you'll appreciate it.

This list has seen a number of useful posts over the last few years
on this topic. If you want to know more, a search of the archives
will find them.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC