RFI

Re: [RFI] hdtv recommendations

To: "'Rfi'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] hdtv recommendations
From: "Dan Violette" <danki6x@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:49:04 -0800
I think the XBR9 is the latest,  doubt XBR8 even is available anymore.  Also
note that many LCDs (especially from the very highly rated Samsung) are
going to a clear glass (shiny) screen like plasma has to increase contrast.
You want matte finish LCD (CFL or LED backlight would probably not matter).
No problem for me with 10 ' southeast facing window next to TV and lights at
night.  I happen to have a 42" Sharp Aquos (matte finish, CFL, 3 years old
with very low contrast compared to current products).

Dan KI6X