RFI

Re: [RFI] Linksys Router Birdies

To: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Linksys Router Birdies
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:22:10 -0700
Hi All,
I will tell you what worked for me. I had birdies too on 160 and was running
a CAT5E cable to my laptop in the ham room. Unfortunately I had to run my EU
Beverage about 10 feet away outside the ham shack. I noticed that grabing
the cable changed the birdies so I wrapped 12 turns of the CAT5E cable
around a 2.4 inch diameter #76 material core as the cable exited the laptop.
Problem solved.
I also have a Linksys router but the radiation does not seem to be bad. If
you pile all that stuff in one room though I suspect you will have a
nightmare of a problem. My router is about 80 feet from the ham room.
GL N7RT