RFI

Re: [RFI] Anyone know if this 12v ps is RFI-clean?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone know if this 12v ps is RFI-clean?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 04:51:05 -0400

On 11/5/2010 10:32 PM, doc@kd4e.com wrote:
> Anyone know if this 12v ps is RFI-clean?
>
> "12 Volt 47 Amp Power supplies"
>
> See picture here:
> http://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=866425

I'd need to see more of what's inside and the specs.  Any commercial
supply should have both ripple and noise specs and in 0.1 or 0.10%
although those particular figures would be *very good*

Unfortunately even the click here for a larger photo just brings up
another page with the same size photo.

The previous one you listed turned out to be a real gem.
This one? As you say it appears to be a server supply, or rather similar
to one.
> It looks like some sort of modified surplus server PS.
>
> I have asked the seller a couple of times but no clear
> answer yet.  Does it look familiar to anyone?

I asked specifically what are the specifications for ripple and noise as
well as peak and continuous current. Also if they come with manuals
and/or schematics. I also asked if they are new or used.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)